The summer is over...back to work

>> Sep 6, 2008




I long for the first days of summer when I would wake up to drive Annie to the train station and then come back home and go back to sleep. Wake up again between 10-11. Eat, shower, and then play on the internet until Annie calls me to tell me she's on her way home.

Midway through the summer I was given an opportunity to complete my filedwork at Sequoia middle school in Fontana. Although I hated having to get up again at 5am I was very appreciative to be working at a school with such an awesome program and reputation. At the same time, with the help from Ti-na-na, I kicked my studying for the comps into high gear.

Fieldwork ended just in time for my back to school meetings at St. George. It was also around this time I wondered where my summer break went. Plans to visit old friends went nowhere. Still, I had the big comp exam staring in my face.

To take my mind off things, Annie and I took off to San Diego to see Spring Awakening! Amazing show! I can't stop listening to the cast recording. Best part of our mini trip was spending down time with my best friend. We have fun together.


Back to work. Enjoyed seeing the St. George family. Comp Exam day came and drained the hell out of me. Didn't feel as confident as I wanted to feel coming out of that exhausting 4 hour test but I do believe I passed. Said results won't come back for two weeks. One week has come and gone. The wait continues.

School started and I'm looking most forward to teaching and not juggling school at the same time. More time for my students. More time for Annie. More time for our baby. Class is great. Good kids. Fun. Off to a great start.

I miss the olympics though!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP