My Baby's Daddy

>> Jan 4, 2009

All of a sudden I realized that the world dd not revolve around this baby. I've been holed up in our condo tending only to the baby's needs and haven't really been in touch with the outside world. But now, everything around me is reminding me that Isaiah and I are not the center of the universe and that life goes on.

After five weeks of time off, my husband is going back to work. During those five weeks, Anthony and I experienced so much, learning about our new bundle of fun. We have been such a team (the a-team, haha). I couldn't have asked for anything more in a father and a husband. Anthony's been a handyman (putting together cribs, rocking chairs, swings, mobiles, play gyms, you name it), a chef (not really...he was just really good at getting us some take-out), and of course, feeder, burper, soother, and diaper changer. Most of all, he was my support: When I was frustrated and in pain from breast-feeding, he would drive, me in the rain to the breast-feeding clinic; when I couldn't figure out why our cute little angel was screaming as if we were torturing him, he would take him and soothe him, even if it took 5 hours; when I was so sleep-deprived, he would take over in taking care of the baby while I slept, even though he was exhausted, too. But most of all, when I just wanted to cry because I was overwhelmed with the thought of a little person being so dependent on me, he was there to listen and hold me and make me feel like I was a superhero with all that I had accomplished already.

It's not like Anthony's going away, it's just that I've been so used to our late nights, early mornings, naps in the afternoon while the baby slept, and weird eating times. I've been used to finally getting enough rest when the sun went down, and quick trips to the store to pick up groceries and for speedy Christmas shopping while my parents took care of Isaiah. I've been just so used to it just being us.

I know that eventually our lives will get back to normal, but for now, I am saddened at the thought that Anthony won't be here when I need him. I know, though, that his class needs him and that his school and kids miss him, too.

Isaiah will miss his Daddy, but he and his mommy will be waiting for him when he gets home!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP