Live Mega Doppler 7000 HD

>> Aug 5, 2008

As I've stated before, I've been kinda neurotic about wanting the worst pregnancy symptoms; any sign that the baby continues to be healthy and growing. And for the past few weeks, I've been feeling lots of movement and that gives me the peace of mind that I need. At work, man, our baby goes to town, kicking me and moving around like it's redecorating. At home, from 7:00 PM on until 12:30 am-ish, that baby is already warning us that he/she will be entertaining us late into the evening/early morning.

But there are days when I DON'T feel any movement, and I understand that it may be because the baby is sleeping or just not at a place where I can feel it moving. If any of you have seen the ultrasound, though, you will see that this baby does not sit still.

Needless to say, I remain neurotic and try to find new ways to ease my worries. So I came across the perfect solution: a fetal doppler!
This is the same device that doctors use to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's pretty much a microphone and speakers, but it's the best thing ever to us! We have been renting one for the past month and will continue to rent it until a) I can physically see and feel kicking and b) my mom decides she will not fund this anymore, although she finds it very necessary for us to keep it through the whole term and has offered to pay for the remaining months. Like mother, like daughter, she is as obsessive about this as I am.

The first few days we rented it, we brought it over for the families to hear. It didn't work so well at the Valtier house, and as the minutes passed, the fam lost interest. But I hope to bring it over again soon so they can hear how strong our little Ziggy's heartbeat is! Emily, our youngest niece, seems to be most fascinated by her Auntie Annie being pregnant and I want her to be able to hear it. Then we went over to the Paraiso household, and lucky for us, Ziggy was ready to entertain! The heart beat loud and strong.

So you can't give Anthony and I a new toy for long until we abuse it and find other uses for it. Aside from turning off the lights at night and listening to our baby's heartbeat in the dark, we also use it to check if Anthony's alive and if I'm alive. We have yet to put it on Bennie, but that will be our next activity for sure!

So every day, our baby continues to grow and I am comforted by the fact that I am able to hear he/she whenever I want to. I love that Anthony amuses me and wants me to have everything I need so I can feel comfortable that we have a healthy pregnancy. And I love our new tradition of listening to our baby before we go to sleep. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous 6:06 PM  

I half expected to see a story on Dallas Raines...but this was nice!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP