Ziggy Stardust is a boy!

>> Aug 13, 2008



Whenever someone would ask me what I want to have, I would reply that I want both for different reasons. I want a girl who I can hold and love as my little princess. I’m a sucker for adorable baby girls. However, I want a boy for one reason only…to carry on the Valtier name!

Being that my brother, Mike and sis-in-law, Kerri, are just about done having kids of their own, I knew it was up to me to have the boy in the family. My sister, Rosie may have a boy one day but if everything goes the way things are shaping up, Rosie will be a Martin and no longer a Valtier.

It was never a “macho” male thing for me to have a boy. I’ve been attacked by people who really don’t know me at all and think I only want a boy to fulfill my life and give me a sense of “machismo” pride. I simply wanted a boy to honor my dad and my family. I want my boy to grow up being proud of his last name and remember all the other great Valtier men before him, including my dad, his “papa”. Valtier isn’t the most common last name out there and in the most serious scenario the Valtier name could die out if future generations aren’t brought into this world.

Annie and I are so blessed just to have a healthy baby. Gender was never a concern for us. I believe if it’s God’s will, he will give us our baby girl next time. This way our daughter could have an older brother to protect her!

Listening to our baby boy at night has taken on a whole new meaning for me. I feel more connected to our baby now knowing the sex. Our boy moves around like crazy and makes weird noises on the heart monitor when I speak into Annie’s tummy.



Annie continues to make a beautiful pregnant wife. She glows more and more everyday and I can’t help but want to do everything there is to make her life a little easier. She’s amazing and I know our son will look at her the same way. Suddenly I see a great relationship building between our son and his mom. Much like my relationship with my “super” mom and DJ’s with his mom.

Time to pick a name!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP