We found out!

>> Aug 6, 2008

Today I had my third ultrasound and we were hoping that we would find out the sex of the baby. I kept hearing advice to drink juice right before the ultrasound , and that makes the baby turn in the right position to see their private partisans enough to guess the gender.

Well, the baby was turned in the right position and we found out and we are so thrilled! But now we are faced with the task of telling everyone. We have been able to tell my mom and dad and Anthony's mom and dad, but we don't know how we should tell everyone else. My main thing is to be able to tell our loved ones in person rather than as a text message or a Myspace headline, which all seems so impersonal. Another reason is that we're already getting a kick out of asking people to guess just based on the ultrasound pics, which are always blurry and unrecognizable.

First up, my mom. Since my doctor is close to the hospital where my mom works, we stopped by and she was the first one to know. It made me feel proud and excited when I felt my mom shaking as she hugged me after she found out.

Next, Anthony's parents, which is also on the way home. We again had them guess, and they both guessed correctly. Anthony's dad is always up for a challenge, so he really got into looking at all the pics carefully. Anthony's mom said her heart was beating so hard, and when we confirmed the news, the tears came! That made us happy. Hugs all around.

Last for the day were my dad and brother. My dad was just like Anthony's dad, looking carefully at each picture. DJ was less patient, just scratching his head and telling us to hurry up already and just tell them. When we told them, my dad was wiping his face...I said, "Dad, are you crying?" and he said, "No. I'm just happy." And then he gave Anthony one of those cool guy handshakes and slapped my cheek as always, his sign of affection.

So next up, I need to call my sister, because who knows when I'll see her in person again, since she lives far away. I don't want everyone to know and not her! After that, we see the rest of the Valtier clan and we'll tell all of them at the same time. And whenever we see Oscar and Leana in person, they are next up, too!

So please keep praying for a healthy baby and for Anthony and I, that we will become good parents.

Now we can plan the room colors and a name for our baby Ziggy! Yay!!!!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP