I have a dream

>> Nov 22, 2005

I kept meaning to post this. I had a horrible dream the other night. Very uncool. I realized that all of my fears come in dreams, and this one is a perfect example.

So I'm in my wedding dress and I woke up to find that it's late in the evening. I put on my flip flops (flip flops ?) and walk outside to see the reception in full swing...with the exception of me. I had no recollection of the wedding ceremony. I start crying. I look for and finally find Anthony, who didn't really seem to notice or care that I have been missing all of this, and I asked him, "Why didn't you wake me up?" and he said, "Because you were tired, and I thought you needed to rest." I then see our whole wedding party lined up and are in the receiving line to be announced into the reception, again, without me or Anthony. I asked Anthony, "What about our pictures? We need to take our pictures," to which he replied, "Well, you were asleep, so they took pictures without us." Unbelievable.

For the rest of the evening, I walked around, numb, and invisible (apparently, because no one stopped to talk to me). I kept thinking,
"I forgot to buy the cake knives; how will they cut the cake?"
"Are we still doing the Father/Daughter dance? Does the deejay know I wanted to do that because I don't remember finalizing the itinerary with him."
"What is everyone eating? I didn't choose a menu yet."
"My dress doesn't fit because we never got a final fitting. Why am I wearing slippers?"
"Why does Anthony look so happy in this nightmare of a wedding?"

The intent of this post is not to feel sorry for me, but just to laugh. I'm 99% positive all will go well on the big day, and that all of my fears will only turn up in dreams.


Still, with the way I am, I still worry so. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, if I don't get to post before then!! Let's see, what are Anthony's and my plans for this holiday? Spending it with our respective families, and worrying about how we'll split up our time with each family NEXT YEAR. Too much thinking for now! :) I know...so bad.

Happy Turkey Day!


Much love, Annie

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP