Annie the Nauseous and Juror #9

>> Jun 3, 2008

Awww, Anthony' s post made me smile. We are excited and Anthony has been the greatest pregnant husband so far! If anyone else ever wants to have a baby with him, trust me, he'll take care of you! Anthony is the best baby daddy.

Yes, it seems as if ever since the two grandpas began to announce the news, I have finally been getting all the great symptoms that I thought for the first three months I wouldn't get. I have had some major nausea, when I wake up in the morning, or from a nap, or right before I go to sleep. I have been ralphing on and off, depending on how well I was able to stave off the urge to purge. Milk seems to help a lot. Eating slow and not rushing around helps, too. I no longer sleep throughout the night; I am interrupted by at least 4 trips to the bathroom during the night. I also am uncomfortable beyond belief when I sleep. My legs ache, my back aches and I have an anxious feeling that prevents me from relaxing enough to close my eyes. Of course, Anthony sleeps right through all of this.

But you know what? I love every minute of it. All of these yucky feelings really help me confirm that there really is a baby on the way and I'm totally fine with whatever this pregnancy throws at me. BRING IT ON.

So for the last two weeks, I have been Juror #9, fulfilling my civil duty. I actually wanted to be picked because I was interested in the process of it all. I served on a criminal trial, with a UPS guy who had a bunch of DVD players and recorders in his house, presumably delivered, but somehow ended up in his house. Definitely guilty, you say? Nope, I was one of the majority who found him not guilty. I don't want to get into it here, but there were just too many missing pieces of evidence that were never provided. I couldn't, with a good conscience, aid in convicting someone when I felt that the other party was keeping information from me. So we ended with a mistrial, and I'm proud of that. The jury all had strong feelings and we stuck to them.

Next up, we run the Mud Run this weekend! By we, I mean, Anthony, DJ, and Virgil, my cousin. Virgil is running in my place because I signed up for it early and then got knocked up later, so no more mud run for me. Oh well.

1 comments:

Anonymous 9:50 AM  

I was here! Just wanted you to know! Congrats, even though I have known for awhile. :) Can't wait to meet Ziggy!

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP