I Make Good Panannies

>> Jun 23, 2008

So as I sit down for lunch, I realize that I make a smokin’ Panini sandwich, or as Anthony and I call them, Panannies. I feel bad because despite my love for cooking, I don’t get to do much of it at home. But when I do get to cook, I love seeing Anthony enjoy his food. And the Panannie gets him every time! I can’t wait to spend more time at home in a couple of months, so I can cook more and also to get used to our new little family.

I am now 15 weeks pregnant. My nausea has gone away (I only had it for like 2 weeks). Today in particular, I don’t have very many symptoms. Although I feel blessed and grateful that I don’t have more symptoms, it doesn’t ease my worries. I love feeling all of the side effects; it assures me. I have a doctor’s appointment at the end of the week, so I can’t wait to talk to her about what I’m feeling.

I am loving lemon and salt together. Instead of the primitive way of shaking some salt on a lemon wedge, I have now mastered art of making a lemon and salt “soup” in a saucer, bowl, or anything that has a bowl-like function. The ratio is usually 70 % lemon juice to 30% salt (I love salt; always have, always will). I proceed to sip with a spoon. That is my craving for the moment, and I cannot get enough of it. I ate 6 lemon wedges worth in an hour one day, and as a result, I had a bad leg cramp that night. I need to stop.

Poor Anthony is beginning take a beating. If I say I’m hot, he offers to turn down the air conditioner. I say no, I’ll get too cold. If he offers the fan, I say no, I hate the way it blows my hair in my face. If I say my hips are aching, he offers to massage them. I say no, because it’s in my bones, and his massage won’t do any good. I have trouble getting into the truck, out of cars in general, into bed, up the stairs, and walking far distances.

As a personal rule, I hate summer, even though my birthday is in the summer. I hate how stifling hot it is, how it seems as if you can’t breathe because it’s all hot air. I hate how it makes you sweat and feel uncomfortable, even though you could be wearing the lightest of clothing. I hate that we use so much of energy indoors just to keep things cool and comfortable; all I can think about is how our fossil fuels are diminishing and no one cares. I hate when I hear of stupid owners who leave their poor dogs in their cars in 110 degree heat. How can you forget about a living being inside of your car? Now, I’m not sure if all of these comments are amplified by my condition, but either way, I never look forward to the summer.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP