The Bachelorette Weekend

>> Apr 3, 2006


So, two weeks ago, the bridesmaids planned a trip to Vegas for me for my bachelorette weekend. Wow, we had a great time. There were six of us there (me, my 4 BM's, and my cuz's friend) and we also met up with a couple of friends, too. I learned a lot about my girls this weekend.

My sister, Cristina: I learned she would do absolutely anything to make sure I had a good time and I love her for it.
My cousin, Celeste: I saw a beautiful, independent side to her that I was happy to find out.
My soon-to-be sister, Rosie: I learned she can really pull through and have fun doing things she's not used to doing.
My best friend, Leana: I learned that she's a great planner and she made sure all of us had a crazy fun time.

Highlights of the weekend:

  • Eating! I love food, and being able to have some good (expensive) eats is my idea of a good time.
  • The Pussycat Dolls! They were awesome. I want to be them.
  • Purchasing "VIP" tickets to Pure from a trusting man we met on the Strip whose name was Andy Ferrari.
  • Very expensive Grey Goose and cranberry juice that I didn't have to pay for!
  • The not-so-PG veil and garter that the girls made me wear.
  • "Amazing Race"-ing it to make sure we made our reservations.
  • 30-second toast and speech in the limo.
  • What started off as a sit-around and lounge time at the Voodoo Lounge turned into happy fun time once we had a couple of rounds.
  • Boys that gave me money. And I didn't have to do anything! But I was able to buy drinks for everyone.
  • Jamie, no Jared, no wait, Jamie. It's Jared.
  • A club named Rain that didn't Rain.
  • Leana and I falling like two trees.
  • Partially appreciating gift-opening due to the fact that I can't really be excited about stuff like lingerie and educational books in front of my older sister, my cousin, Anthony's sister and my friend who doesn't want to think of me and Anthony in that way. But I loved all my gifts!
  • A fat lip!

Overall, I had a great time. None of us got stinking drunk, just the social drinking that I am used to. Very cool. I am proud to say I showed Anthony all of the pictures of our weekend (yes, all of them) without him going postal. The only reason why I didn't want to back was because I thought about all of the little things that still needed to be done, and I was just so caught up in the weekend and not having to worry about the wedding.

So we're back to the routine. Everything is becoming surreal. As I type, I've got Bennie sitting behind me in the computer chair (and taking up most of it with his Labrador body), and I'm remembering the past few days as I've been packing and cleaning my room. I definitely don't accept change very well, and it's a weird feeling to be excited about something, but yet, also dread having to leave your old life and what you've been used to for almost 28 years. I take the train to work everyday, and I find myself just staring off into space and thinking about all of the things that are going to change. Other train go-ers cock their head, as if they're thinking, "My, this girl's got a lot on her mind." As my friend T recently stated in her livejournal in regards to changes in her own life, "it's seriously and definitively the end of an era." I hear ya, sister. I'm so scared about all that's changing, but I know that everything will fall into place. But I love Anthony and I can't wait to finally keep him company in our new little home. :)

So, thanks to all that have been RSVPing. To those who haven't yet, you've literally got one day left. The H is O--The Heat is On!

See you all in 21 days!

Love, Annie

P.S. Don't fret, boys! Anthony should be posting soon about his Bachelor party. It was a great night for him!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP